Stymie is a digital platform that allows students to send anonymous notifications to the College about someone who they believe is being bullied or harmed.
Notifications sent to Stymie are encrypted, anonymous and confidential. Stymie does not store any information and was built with the consideration of the Australian Safe Schools Framework and the recommendations from the Australian Covert Bullying Prevalence Study.
Conditions of use
- Notifications must be made by a student enrolled at the school.
- Notifications must be about incidents of bullying/harassment (repeated behaviour intended to threaten, discriminate, cause harm and/or anxiety to another person).
- Images uploaded can be screenshots of conversations only. Screenshots are not to contain images of students or other persons.
- This is valuable resource for our students. Misuse will only serve to lessen the effectiveness of the program. Students who deliberately misuse Stymie will be blocked from accessing
The College wishes to advise parents of the following:
- Stymie is not owned or maintained by the Department of Education and Training
- Any information uploaded by students to the website may not be secure
- The department cannon guarantee the integrity of people hired by Stymie to receive and process notifications
- The department cannot guarantee the integrity and security of Stymie, including hardware and software
All students can access Stymie by navigating to www.stymie.com.au and select "Make a Notification"
For further information on Stymie please refer to the Stymie website or contact the College Administration